Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Technology Tuesday-Pin it!, Number Rack and Scholastic Sale!

Okay.  This is going to be a long one!  I’ve got a few different things to share.

First off…I figured out how to put a “pin it” button on each blog post!  I googled it and found this site: http://www.spiceupyourblog.com/2012/03/pinterest-pin-it-button-blogger.html

Grunge Pinterest Logo

There are step by step instructions on how to add it.  The only change I had to make was adding a “break” after the code so that the button didn’t overlap with my post text.  To do this you just have to add <br/>.  Let me know if it works for you or if you have questions!

Next is a technology activity that can be used in the classroom and to share with parents!  It’s a number rack.  It looks something like this:

It is available for iPad, iPhone and there is a web app that can be used in the classroom.  And, it’s free!  It would be great for subitzing (seeing numbers quickly), addition or subtraction.  It would also be a great visual manipulative to use with story problems.  There is a resizeable “shade” to hide beads too. You can read more about it, access the web app, and download a free activity book here: http://catalog.mathlearningcenter.org/apps.

On to other things!  We all know about Scholastic…but they are having a SALE on their downloadable professional resources!  I think it ends today or tomorrow so be sure to check it out!

Here are three things I bought!  I had the hard copies of one of them but wanted them in a digital format.

image  image  image

I LOVE these things and so did my kiddos!  I put them in my writing center and kiddos could pull them while writing.  For example, if a kiddo was writing about school, they could choose the school file folder and use the words to help them with their writing.  I love the idea of a portable word wall for different subjects/themes.  The books above also include story starters and book links for each letter/theme/word family!

For each subject/theme there is a word list included.  I typed these up, printed them and put them inside of the folders before laminating. I’m sharing them for free via Google Docs.  Click on the pictures below to download and use with yours!

image  image  image

I’m also linking this up with The Lesson Plan Diva’s Word Wall LinkySmile Go check out the great ideas being linked up!

Okay…I think that’s all!  Be looking for an announcement about a birthday sale…that’s right, I said birthday sale!  Here’s a hint…my birthday is this weekend.  Smile  I may just feel like spreading the love with a sale Winking smile

Signature

4 comments:

  1. Love the Pin It idea! I actually just put one of these on my blog THIS MORNING! Funny...great minds think alike! lol

    THanks for the heads up on the Scholastic Sale!
    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info on Scholastic Express. I ordered many books at this great price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to take advantage of that great sale! :)
      -Lacey

      Delete
  3. I have spend many fruitless hours trying to get that PinIt button on my blog. Crossing my fingers that your instructions work for me!

    I have linked your oviparous animals pack to my latest post about oviparous animals.

    sandi
    rubber boots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...