Monday, June 18, 2012

Welcome Nicole from Rowdy in Room 300: Alphabet Organizer

Nicole
Hi everyone!
I'm Nicole from Rowdy in Room 300! I'm so glad that 
Lacey has allowed me to be here with you guys today!
clip_image001
I like knowing who I am reading about.. so that's me! 
I teach Kindergarten in Texas and love love LOVE it! 
I have been crafting and creating like CRAZY this summer to make up for all that lost time in the school year :) I was at Hobby Lobby last week picking up some supplies to make this hall pass. Have you seen it?! THEN, I was browsing around and there was this little gem just calling out my name..
clip_image002
I know.. you're thinking "WHAT?! The Christmas stuff is out already?!" Yessiree it is! We can always count on Hobby Lobby to have their seasonal stuff out waaay too early! Anyway, I was SUPER excited, not because I've been needing an Advent calendar, but because I need a way to organize my letter tiles, don't you?! That tub they come in is just not sufficient - your kids are looking for letters without any success and they all get dumped out or strewn across the table, are ya with me?! 
Plus, I used a 40% off coupon so got it for only $7, can you get any better than that?!
So I snagged it up and forgot all about the hall pass!
First, I spray painted it hot pink 
(I had some leftover from painting those toolboxes everyone's making right now)
clip_image003
{I managed to only get a few little bugs stuck in it - ha!}
Then I painted each individual box. I didn't worry about the bottoms or backs of the boxes, no one sees that part. I just painted the front and each side. I chose to use the same colors my room is decorated with.
clip_image004
Are you a craft paint hoarder like me?! I have a whole tub full of them!
clip_image005
While I was at it, I painted a few little zebra stripes along the sides.. they just needed a little something more. 
clip_image006
Then I made up some cute little ABC labels {I'm sharing... just wait till the end!} and decoupaged them to the little boxes.
clip_image007
Here's the completed project - I'm SO stinkin' excited to add it to my room!
clip_image008
clip_image009
Plus, I won't have to dig around for the letter I need during word work or have my kids digging endlessly through that tub!
It was well worth the 2-ish hours I spent making this (most of that time was watching the paint dry! Oh, and chasing my two kiddles around :)
Here are the labels if you'd like to use them! I'd love it if you come visit my blog!
clip_image010
clip_image011

8 comments:

  1. Nicole can you please please please make me one of these?

    Another great creation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shuna! I know I am SO excited about using it in my room!!

      Delete
    2. I LOVE this idea! I went out to Hobby Lobby today and got one. I had so much fun painting mine! Thanks for the labels and fun idea!!!

      Delete
    3. I LOVE this idea! I went out to Hobby Lobby today and got one. I had so much fun painting mine! Thanks for the labels and fun idea!!!

      Delete
  2. I love this! Thanks so much for sharing!! I want to make one now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to make one, but I could not download the letters through the application you have them on. Is there another way I can get them?

    Thank you,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot me (Lacey) an email at laceykyates@gmail.com and I can email them back to you!
      -Lacey

      Delete
  4. Love this! I am going to make one for my classroom.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...