Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Technology Tuesday: Build Your Wild Self and Switcharoo Zoo

Have you been teaching about animals?  Need a fun end of the year activity?
Well, New York Zoos and Aquarium and Switchzoo.com have some neat technology tools that would be a lot of fun in the classroom!

The first one is from New York Zoos and Aquarium and is called Build Your Wild Self. {Click the title to go to the site.}  Once there, click “start” on the right hand side.  You’ll come to a screen that looks like this:

image

From there you can create your own “wild self!”  You can choose all sorts of different appendages! Ha!  There are butterfly wings, seahorse tail, and many many more!  Here is one I created:
image

Then if you click the red “I’m Done” button underneath your creation it will take you to a page that looks like this:

image

It gives you info about the different animals whose parts you used on the right.  Then you can send it to a friend or print it!  So…print it out and then they can write about it!!!!  I created a little writing page for this! You can print the “wild self” and glue it on the picture area.  Or, just keep the printout of the “wild self” in one piece and attach the full page writing paper! Click the pictures below to download the files!
imageimage

Another site you should check out is Switcheroo Zoo.  Click the picture below to check it out!

image

Enjoy!

Signature

7 comments:

  1. I was planning on using these sites! Thanks for the freebie!

    ✰Amber
    Sparkles , Smiles, and Student Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea!!!! I've never seen these sites, so I'm glad you posted this.

    I'm having a little giveaway, so be sure to check it out!
    Marie
    www.cotesclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI, I just forwarded your blog post link to my First grade team at work@ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I'm going to show my class these websites tomorrow! They are going to love them!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...