Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Technology Tuesday: The Clever School Teacher

If you have perused the world of educational blogs at all I’m sure you have seen the blog Mrs. Wills Kindergarten!  It is a favorite of mine and always has been! Well, did you know that her and her husband  have created a new site? I didn’t either until I saw this post from Chalk Talk
This new site is such an incredible resource for teachers and I have perused it some so I thought I would share what I found and LOVE!
Capture2
It’s a little hard to read but the site gives you two different options: you can browse by category or you can search by book title, author or SKU.  My favorite is the category option! They are arranged in different ways, by comprehension, by genre studies, by word study, 6+1 Traits, Units of Study-Lucy Calkins, Katie Wood Ray, Craft Lessons, Non-Fiction Craft Lessons, Award Winning Books, and Common Core Standards by grade level.  There are “sets” created that you can purchase in most of the different categories.  It’s incredible!
There is also a wish list feature, they take POs from schools and you get free shipping (in the US) on orders over $25!
I mean, think about it…how many hours have you/could you spend trying to find the perfect book to teach a certain concept or idea.  And here they all are organized in many different ways!  What a wonderful resource for educators! 


You should head on over and check it out.  I am still perusing the different categories!
I’d love to hear what you find! Feel free to comment below!




6 comments:

  1. I just heard about this! Thanks for sharing more details. I am looking forward to using this more over the summer!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious... do you teach in AISD?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing about our site. So sweet! My husband and I appreciate it!


    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for creating it! Looking forward to using it! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...